Child and Adolescent Services Program
The Child and Adolescent Services Program provides support services for children (0 to 18) who are developmentally challenged and their families/caregivers or children (0 to 5) who are at risk of developmental delay.
Benefits to the Individual and Family
The child and family will benefit from the following:
The family/caregiver will benefit from support and the child will benefit from "hands on" interventions. These services are provided in their own environment.
- functional assessment of the child;
- direct early intervention of all developmental domains (gross and fine motor, social and emotional, adaptive functioning, language and cognitive);
- interventions to promote attachment;
- assistance in accessing specialized funding and information about additional community resources, supports and other professional or alternative services;
- assistance in obtaining information about the child's condition or diagnosis;
- support for families who receive a diagnosis of developmental delay or medical condition;
- advocacy for and with families in their relationship with health, social and community services;
- sharing information about typical and atypical child development;
- play-based program plan.
The Next Step
Referrals for the Child and Adolescent Services Program are processed by the Centre's Intake Clerk. Please contact the Centre at (613) 937-3072 to find out more.